Google Home is a smart speaker from the renowned search engine developer, Google. It’s the main competitor to the Amazon Echo. Although you can use this app to play music, it’s specifically designed as the primary tool for Google Assistant, the voice-activated virtual helper that’s linked to the internet.
Google Home is always listening to voices/sounds in the environment, but it is programmed so that it should only record or respond to your commands when you utter its “wake words” like “Hey Google,” or “OK, Google.” The owner can customize the wake words.
Compared to other voice-controlled apps, Google Home stands out because it offers accurate responses to questions. Considering its size, Google Home provides exceptional audio quality. If you’re in the USA or Canada, you can use Google Home to make calls using your voice. You can get instructions on how to prepare different meals via Google Home. You can also use this app to cast music to several devices.
At the top, Google Home slants slightly at an angle to conceal its touch-sensitive panel. The swipe gestures on this panel allow you to activate the listening mode for Google assistant, play or pause music, or change the volume. The speaker also has a microphone on/off button on its back. When you call its name, beautiful Googely lights spark on the panel.
- Provides factual response to queries
- Ability to cast videos to your TV especially from Yu Tube
- Support Yu Tube and Google play music
- Exceptional sound quality
- Ability to identify different voices
- Hands-free calling
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Guides on cooking recipes
- Replaceable base
- Superb microphone sensitivity
- Touch controls for volume and playback
- It must be plugged in every time it’s in use
- Has no provision for reading emails or messages
- Limited smart home capability
- Available in only a few countries
Google Home is an incredible innovation that can keep you entertained and informed. The list of what you can do with this app is long, from streaming music to casting video and listening to guidelines on how to prepare meals. This innovation can help to increase your quality of life. Get one, and you’ll be smiling with Google Home.