The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is the company’s newest stabilizer for smartphones. It comes with new features like USB-C charging, foldable design, trigger control, and phone port access. It is priced just like its predecessor, the Osmo Mobile 2, and will suit your budgeted finances.
• Foldable design – With this design, the stabilizer does not require a locking mechanism.
• The controls – These too have been remodeled along the handle to allow the user to control the switch settings or gimbal’s movement with only one hand
• The Quick Roll Option – It enables you to rotate the orientation of your phone from landscape to portrait or vice versa without even removing your phone from the gimbal. You can alternatively press the Mode (M) button twice to do this.
• The trigger – The trigger can now be used to lock the orientation of your device, re-centre it when you want to focus on a subject, or rotate it for selfies. For the re-centering, tap the trigger once to activate the ActiveTrack and the Osmo Mobile 3 will start tracking the subject while keeping it at the center of the frame.
• The new zoom slider has been nicely placed at the side of the Osmo Mobile 3 and allows you to customize the zoom speed.
• The Gesture Control mode through the selfie camera of your phone activates a Sport mode and a self-timer to pan fast-moving sights.
• The Story mode will do all the work for you by automatically generating a short video that has been edited and with a music soundtrack.
The advantages of this smartphone stabilizer include:
• The stabilization system is very steady
• Its foldable design makes it simple to use and portable
• It is easy to use; you only need to pull the gimbal arm up, and you are good to go
• The smartphone stabilizer allows your phone to sit in a tension tray and therefore makes it very easy for you to use the phone. Additionally, the stabilizer’s cradle supports all phone sizes without having to press the buttons at the side of your device
• The tweaked angle of the gimbal allows it to tilt forward slightly and makes the stabilizer comfortable to hand-hold oven for long periods.
• The handle has a new rubber grip that feels firm.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 requires re-balancing every time the phone has been removed. There are also no live streaming options in the Mimo app.
There are many cheaper gimbals out there like the Moza Mini-S 3 and the Benro 3XS that are $10 cheaper. I would, however, give the edge to the Osmo Mobile 3. The company is continually developing its ecosystem and pumping out accessories to make the filmmaking experience better. With all its features combined, I would go for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 without a doubt.